Sunday, February 1, 2009

oh the snow!

We have had quite a bit of snow this winter. A couple of weeks ago I spent some time up in Anchorage helping a Women's clinic implement Centricity and I was quite shocked to see that we have more snow here at home than they did up there. I did get to feel cold as I have never felt before. There were thick sheets of ice on the sidewalks and streets up there. (several inches thick) We worked very long days but had enjoyable meals in the evening. Nearly every morning started around 5:00 and I often didn't get back into my hotel room until 9:00. Then I would spend an hour or so talking with Sean and kids and then try to catch up on a little work. So, needless to say, I was quite exhausted by the end of the week and I really enjoyed my Sunday at home prior to going back to work. I think that the kids and I ended up sleeping in until 11:00 that morning. Sean had a show in Boise the night before so he joined us in sleeping in. Right now I am slowly getting ready for the new baby...well, starting to think about it. I have really been so busy that I haven't been able to give this pregnancy much thought. I did just realize the other morning that we're 5 weeks out and so I had better start locating some baby gear that it hidden in the closets. Baby Daphne's arrival will be here before we know it!

No comments: